Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Begining...

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Gandhi



Well, here we go. First post on the blog. Sounds funny to say in my head...! Reasoning behind this new hobby rests in the fact that my life is, and will be, changing in leaps and bounds over the next few months. Quiting my job in June, Australia in July, new school in the fall, moving out etc. As much as I would like to keep in touch with everyone I love and meet, tell them of the new adventures and awakenings in my life, something inside me says it's not going to happen! (Or at least not very effectively!) This will perhaps help to an extent...!

Over the past few months I have been looking at my life on a closer scale. All the mistakes I've made, my relationships with my friends and family, my faith and love of God and also the type of person I am becoming. I'm joyful to an extent because I feel like I am finally on the right track, sad or frustrated in a way because I find myself repeating the same little mistakes over and over again but also excited... I feel as if God has majorly blessed me by revealing a part of His big plan for me at this stage of my life, but only time will tell if I'm right or not! My heart keeps leading me to the inner-city and strangely enough I am so much at peace between the walls and streets which resonate in disorder and chaos. Just yesterday my education teacher (who has taught for over 30 years at all different levels) came to observe me at the High School where I am doing my 40 hours of observation... After 15 minutes of this loud, obnoxious, Junior Lit. classroom she was totally ready to leave. The students were being particularly obnoxious that day but despite their behaviour I felt, well, just fine! It was a big wake-up call to me that perhaps this mission of mine in the inner-city is one very specialized to just me! (Guess that makes me feel a little special and a tad important!) I don't really understand why I like being in an environment of learners who don't want to learn, thankless thank-you's at the end of class, discrimination, envy, theft, violence, jealousy and family feuds around every corner... It defies our human nature, we want to be in environments where we are loved, cherished, appreciated etc. But somehow that just doesn't work for me. Something in my heart says that that type of environment is not where I belong. I don't understand this mystery but I hope as my time in these areas continue my level of realization and understanding will heighten! In saying this I invite you all to come with me. We talk about the Christian life being an adventure but so many times are hesitant to truly embrace that statement, to not know where one is going is always a scary thought but with His help we can do all things...


The form in which I will be writing this blog is going to be EXTREMELY quick/casual so for all my grammar kings and queens, brace yourselves! I think this little online journal of sorts will be fun to read later on in the years ahead AND will hopefully help you the readers to remember me in your prayers, that I may truly have the courage to live out the adventure God has planned for me.



Much love to you all and happy reading for the days ahead,




nicole




P.S. Special thanks to Sam for the inspiration...


1 comment:

Midwest Redsox Fan said...

I think God has an awesome plan in your life and you should totally rely on him for everything. I'm very proud of the person you are and the person you will become! Make sure you keep up on your blog i like readying about you just as much as i like talking to you. :) I can't wait to see what the next years bring us!